Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Travel Phase

A lot of Instagram posts have been about #memademay this month. The goal is to wear handmade clothing every day of May. The past years, I've not had enough handmade clothing to begin to wear one piece every day. I've also not really liked what I've made.

This year is different. I've worn a handmade item every day! I can't believe it. They've all been the recent Lane Raglan shirts I've shared, plus two that haven't been photographed yet. I'm still fooling with the neckline on one of them.

In the meantime, here is a striped long sleeve version I made at the beginning of the month. I didn't think I'd get a chance to wear it much till fall, but it's been cold and I've worn it frequently. I've been attending baseball or t-ball games and practices many evenings.



I made the curved hem version. Read about how I discovered I could sew curved hems here
I made the extra small size with 1.5" added to the pattern length and added cuffs to the sleeves. Perfectly fits my long arms. 




My husband had to travel to China for the past few weeks. I'm really ready for him to come home. But I've been sewing a lot. Even though he's gone. I'm sure some would ask why I want to make more work for myself by sewing, but sewing makes me so happy (when things go well, and they have!)

When my husband is home, I often don't feel like sewing since my sewing set-up is away from where he usually works or reads in the evenings, but since I couldn't spend time with him the past three weeks, I've completed a few items.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!