Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Freezer Paper Stenciled Dyed Onesies

I got out baby clothes a week or so ago in preparation for our new baby, coming in September. And I found that many of the clothes had stains on them. Terrible stains. Some I just made into rags. But some of them, especially the solid white onesies, I decided to try and salvage. That means that the last few days, I’ve been experimenting with fabric dye. Messy? A little bit. But I followed the instructions found here.

freezer paper stenciled dyed onesies (1)

And I did some freezer paper stencils. Since we don’t know if we’re having a boy or a girl, I did some gender-neutral designs and colors. I have two boys already, so I *may* lean more toward boyish colors and designs, but I think I could add bows to any of the animals on these onesies to chick-ify them if necessary.

freezer paper stenciled dyed onesies (2)

A little closer look. You can see that the fabric dye turned out a bit splotchy. I’m not convinced they are colorfast. We’ll see. I will try to remember to wash them alone the first few times through the laundry.


Places I have linked:
Or So She SaysTrain to CrazyTater tots & Jello Merry Messy Life, Sugar Bee CraftsReasons to Skip the Housework,  The 36th Avenue, House of HepworthsSomeday CraftsSouthern Lovely504 Main,Serenity Now,  Fingerprints on the FridgeI heart NapTime, Classy ClutterA Glimpse Inside, Somewhat SimpleGingerly MadeSerenity NowToday's Creative BlogThe Winthrop ChroniclesHome Stories A to ZCraftyScrappyHappy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!