Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Monkey Theme First Birthday Shirt & Bib

first birthday bib and sock monkey shirt (20)

If you follow me on Facebook, you've possibly already seen this project*!


A friend of mine who has a crochet business (find her on Facebook or on Etsy) wanted a monkey shirt and first birthday bib to match a sock monkey had she crocheted for the little guy.
She commissioned me to make the bib and matching shirt. I had no idea how to do a monkey applique, so I just printed off a monkey silhouette from the internet and cut out the corresponding shapes that comprised the monkey.

  first birthday bib and sock monkey shirt (25)

The monkey, numbers, and even the bib itself are made from knit scraps from t-shirts. I learned a lot about applique through this project!

*If you didn't see this story in your Facebook feed, please read this and take appropriate action:
"Liked" pages will start disappearing from your news feed because Facebook is trying to make us pay to have our posts show up in the regular news feed. You can see pages like mine and others by looking on the left of your Facebook wall for a new tab called ‘pages feed’. Even though you "like" my page or others, all those pages will be put into the new tab unless we pay, per post, to have it show up on your regular news feed. So be sure to check the 'pages feed' tab often to keep up with my blog and your other liked pages!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited about our monkey birthday set! I'll be sharing some photos once the big day comes. Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you like it! I can't wait to see pictures of Nolan wearing it. He is too darn cute.

      Delete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!