Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Homemade Salsa

Easy Homemade Salsa Last week, the weather was superb for grilling out. This week, not so much. 
One night when we were going to grill, I wasn’t sure what we could have as a vegetable accompaniment for our chicken. We have a bunch of grape tomatoes that were past their prime, so I made them into salsa! I used my Vitamix blender, but you could make this recipe in any blender, I’m sure. (Just don’t over mix! You’ll end up with baby food consistency salsa!)
20-30 Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1-1.5 onions, chopped
1/2 large red Bell pepper
3/4 teaspoon of salt
2 cloves of minced garlic
pinch of sugar
1 Tablespoon white Vinegar
Place all ingredients into the blender and blend on medium until desired consistency is reached. (Not too long!) Eat. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
Note: The next day, this is still good, but the onion is very strong. We made chicken (with this marinate)and corn to go along with this and it was the tastiest meal we’ve had in awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!