Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Freezer Paper Stenciling Tip of the Day

While working on my latest project, which will be posted in the next day or so, I discovered you can re-use your freezer paper stencils.

This is exciting, yet sad, since I have always thrown mine away after one use. I am now mourning all the stencils I could have re-used. (Like the bike stencils I used to make my husband a shirt for Christmas. I could use that one right now!)

I found this tidbit of information out when I tried to re-position a stencil. Instead of recutting the stencil, I just thought I'd try to restick part of it.

So this means that if you are positioning a stencil and you iron it down, then change your mind on the positioning, you can peel it up and re-iron it before painting.

I guess I'd better get a used stencil storage system started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!