Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Quiet Book

I saw a few ideas for making quiet books for kids and just had to get together my own ideas and come up with a super cute one for my little guy. Here’s a little tour.

The cover.

IMG_3365

Colors! I want to add a paint brush to do pretend painting.

IMG_3358

The colors all detach and can be rearranged.IMG_3359

Grocery shopping! Bananas, watermelon, grapes, milk, an apple and bread all fit into the grocery bag!

IMG_3362

Cars! They attach with snaps. The wheels are sewn onto the book.IMG_3356

They can be moved around to match different cars with different wheels.IMG_3357

Shapes! IMG_3363The shapes can be matched or mis-matched.IMG_3364

Cookie jar! This is my personal favorite. I got this idea from MADE. There’s a zipper…

IMG_3360

… And inside are six chocolate chip cookies!IMG_3361

This is the back. IMG_3366

It closes with velcro.IMG_3367

I had so much fun coming up with the ideas and hand-sewing the book together. I hope it lasts for many years! It was a ton of work but totally worth it.

5 comments:

  1. I was pregnant with my third child at this time last year and I wrote out a tutorial on how to put together a quiet book - 36 page ideas! Alas, I have only completed about 4 pages. They are great ideas, but I have no idea how to do things simple. I just need to scale back and not worry about things being so perfect, right? Hey, btw, what size did your pages end up being? I bet that'll keep 'em really quiet, too!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I want to make them for my kids if I ever get the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caren! The page size is 8.5x11; so to make the book I took 2 pieces of that sized paper to cut around (b/c each page was made the size of 2 pages and then sewn together in the middle).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! Would you please share this with our readers for fun stuff fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/01/fun-stuff-fridays-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!! Love the cookie jar and the cars...

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!