Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Scrappy Stuffed Turtle

I still have some of the great fabric I used to reupholster the rocking chair I shared here and here for my toddler's room. I'd already used some of the extra fabric to make pillow shams but I wanted to find a neat way to use some of the tiny scraps in his room.
Enter a stuffed turtle.
I used the tutorial found here to cut the pieces and assemble the turtle. It was really easy!

The one big change I did make was to use mostly t-shirt scraps to stuff the turtle. I used some polyester fluffy stuff, but it's mostly t-shirt scraps that were too small to use but I didn't want to throw away.

This turned out to be a great way to reuse some scraps, save some money (and a trip to the craft store) and also made the turtle heavier. I am considering making bookends using the same type of filling. They'd have to be a little bigger, but I think using t-shirt scraps as stuffing makes things denser and heavy enough to hold children's books.

Here's a few more pictures of the happy little turtle. What a great scrap busting project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!