Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Burlap Wall Art

Here is another inexpensive way to make some DIY decor for around the house.

All you'll need is some burlap, fabric paint, shapes to paint around, masking tape, acrylic paint, and foam board. (I got my foam board at the dollar store for $1.)

First, you'll lay out your shapes on the burlap. You'll also want to tape around the shapes (my shapes are post-it notes) to create a border.

Take the fabric paint and foam brush and apply the paint around the shapes. You'll want to dab with the brush, not stroke, to avoid getting paint under the shapes.

Carefully remove the masking tape and shapes. Let the burlap dry.

I didn't take any pictures of the next steps, but I painted the edges of the foam board after they were cut to the proper sizes. Then I used hot glue to attach the burlap to the foam board after it was dry.

I had the burlap and paint left over from other projects. I also had everything else around the house (I free handed the leaf stencils and also the middle flower stencil) so the only thing I bought was the foam board, making this a very frugal craft for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!