Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Make a Luggage Tag II

Hopefully you saw my post awhile ago about making a luggage tag. I didn't use interfacing. Well, I decided to use some scraps I had left over from when I tried to re purpose a dress a few years back (the re purposing didn't go so well) and decided to make a luggage tag from the scraps. It was just cotton, so I tried some interfacing. I used the same dimensions as before (3 1/2" x 5" and 2" x 12"). I just cut one piece of interfacing 3 1/2" x 5".

First, I sewed the interfacing to the wrong side of one of the rectangular pieces. Then I did just as before, sewed a tube from the long, skinny piece, and then sewed the two right sides together of the rectangles. Next, I turned and pressed the pieces.Then I attached the handle to the rectangle using the same method as before and top stitched the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!