Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sweet Potatoes for Babies

My little guy loves sweet potatoes. I found it is far cheaper to make them myself from whole yams than to buy them in the tiny packages already pureed.

I used to peel, steam, and puree the sweet potatoes.

WOW ... I was wasting my time. A lady @ my MOPS table clued me in:

1. Rinse sweet potatoes
2. Prick sweet potatoes with a fork
3. Bake in 350 degree oven for 60-80 minutes.
4. Cool for 20 minutes.
5. The skins peel right off.
6. Mash with a fork or potato masher*.
7. Freeze.

*One would likely want to puree with some water in a blender
 for younger babies or for babies who dislike lumps or the stringiness I've found to be typical of sweet potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!