Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sweet Potato Pancakes for Babies (or Grown-Ups!)

These are really yummy. I adapted this recipe from a baby cookbook because I didn't want it to contain milk for my little guy who is under age one. I am committed to keeping cow's milk out of his diet until that magical first birthday, when suddenly cow's milk is A-ok. (I am fully committed, except for the tiny bite of ice cream I shared with him over the weekend. Maybe it was two bites.)

But here's the recipe. My husband and I love them. Our little guy loves them. It's a hit.

Sweet Potato Pancakes

1 cup flour, either all-purpose or whole wheat.
1 T sugar (I forgot to add this last time but they were still good)
pinch of salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup mashed sweet potatoes
1/2 cup plain yogurt (we use Dannon, it must be this kind! No additives!)
1/4 cup water

Preheat skillet. Mix dry ingredients together. Stir in the wet ingredients until just blended, do not overmix! This is very important: test skillet by dripping water onto it, if it 'dances' you've got the right temperature. If not, keep heating. Spray skillet with cooking spray. Pour small circles of batter onto skillet; cook for 3-4 minutes per side, turning once. Remove and cool on wire rack.

These can be frozen! Thaw in refrigerator, reheat for 10 seconds in microwave on either side. Test temperature before feeding to your child!
Makes about 12 small pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!